Welcome to Penguin Basements – Aurora
With easy access to 400 series highways and major U.S. and Canadian markets, Aurora offers all the advantages of an urban centre, while encompassing the atmosphere of a small town. No wonder Penguin’s massive growth owes a lot of thanks to the communities of York Region like Aurora for our rapid expansion over the last few years.
Furnished Basement, Easy Living
A finished basement is not only an aesthetic changeup but it also opens the doors to a whole host of other possibilities. For one, an extra room with less fragile furniture is perfect for a playground for the kids. No longer do you have to run around during the winter and pandemic times to prevent the kids from playing where they leave behind a trail of broken vases and stained furniture.
Perhaps you plan on installing a playground for the young ones so they can go downstairs and build a fort, make a restaurant, or be captains of their pirate ship. Maybe they’ve already grown up and are “too big” for all that.
- Mini soccer for the kids
- Table tennis
- Personal Home Gym
- New Office Space / Workplace
Invest More Now and Profit Later
A finished basement is a perfect tool if you need extra cash. Your basement is the perfect gold mine literally right at your door. Second suites are legal rentals that have been permitted ever since 2010 by the Town of Aurora and can grant you up to an additional couple thousand dollars a month!
Second Suites Are Permitted In:
- Detached Dwellings
- Semi-Detached Dwellings (One Common Wall)
- Link Housing Dwellings (Townhouses)
All properties are subject to numerous zoning provisions and by-laws detailed by each respective municipality. These zoning provisions require strict adherence and thus a well-experienced and knowledgeable team to turn your basement into what you’ve always dreamed of while making sure city hall doesn’t come knocking at your door with a public notice and fine.
Why Penguin Basements?
At Penguin Basements, we try to make life for you as worry-free as possible and get you the glamorous basement you’ve always dreamed of.
- We Come to You: Our staff will come to your home for a consultation to tour your basement and discuss your needs with a free in-home estimate. Read below for more info about our current COVID-19 measures.
- Clear-Cut Planning: Our design consultants will inspect your space and create detailed schematics to maximize both ceiling height, light, and create a comfy and inviting atmosphere in your basement. Up to 3 unique concepts of your finished basement design will be created and viewed by you in a 3D virtual tour.
- Proven to Last: Penguin Basements has been awarded the Consumer Choice Award in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the GTA. As well as being HomeStars verified which ensures our commitment to eco-friendly building practices which reduces your energy output and even helps you save on your heating bills.
Your Financing Options
Penguin Basements offers unique benefits to those who choose to partake in our services. Anything from a 0% payment for 6 months or financing options for 12 months and 36 months intervals.
How Do We Manage COVID?
Penguin Basements is committed to ensure the best customer service experience to all its clients despite the restrictions placed upon us due to COVID-19.
Virtual Sales Team Option: We are happy to provide online virtual design and quote opportunities to ensure minimal contact if you feel uncomfortable with an in-person consultation. Our team is trained in knowing all the ins and outs of basement design and city bylaws to give you the most accurate estimate on the spot.
Online Selection System: Your design selections may also be done virtually as well with interactive software that allows us to tour you through all the options as well as 3D virtual tours of potential basement designs all from the comfort of your living room.
Enhanced Safety Measures: Our policy stipulates that no more than 9 personnel are allowed on-site at any given time. Our team also ensures that substantial cleaning and disinfection take place before the completion of the project to maintain the health and safety of our clients. Finally, a 6mm Polyethylene vapour barrier is provided upon request to contain the basement from the rest of the home to prevent contamination.
How To Make An Appointment
Hiring a professional basement contractor is as simple as calling us at 1-866-262-8298 or emailing us at Info@basementscanada.com today for more information. Fill out the free estimate form located on our website to determine the basement that best suits your needs.