WELCOME TO PENGUIN BASEMENTS
Bradford Basement Renovation & Finishing Contractor
Looking for a qualified basement contractor to get the job done in the Bradford, Ontario area? With easy access available from Highway 400, our team comes equipped from our head office to your doorstep within a matter of minutes. If you’ve recently moved into a new home with an unfinished basement and are considering turning that basement from a dusty lair into a cozy den, you have some work ahead of you.
If done alone, a basement renovation can take months requiring intricate inspection, planning, design, and reliable implementation to avoid leaks, cracks or infestations. At Penguin Basements, we understand the struggle facing homeowners when making such a difficult decision and are here to help you through the process every step of the way.
The Penguin Advantage
When choosing between Penguin Basements and any other basement contractor, we ask you to take a rational look. With more than 80% of our builds coming as a result of family, friend and neighbour referrals, our numbers don’t lie.
Penguin Basements offers all its clients a limited lifetime transferable warranty on its projects as well as a minimum two year warranty so that whatever may happen, we’ll make sure to pick up the slack.
Our team of experts ensure that your project is completed with top-quality materials and impeccable timing. This is due to our business philosophy of “kaizen” a Japanese term meaning change for the better. If you ever find yourself dissatisfied at any point, feel free to inform your project manager and we’ll make sure to listen and incorporate your ideas into our design.
Taking customer’s concerns seriously is our central motto and as a result, we’ve been awarded with the GTA Consumer Choice Award in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are committed to providing you with the most flexible and comprehensive experience possible. This includes adjusting to the new pandemic reality we find ourselves in.
Penguin Basements offers free quotes and consultation on all basements which can be done in-home or online from the comfort of your laptop. After this, we move onto a proposal detailing your expenses and payment plan. All payment plans are diverse with various options ranging from financing for as little as $87/week to an exclusive deal to pay 0% for the first 6 months.
Finally, we perform an on-site inspection to assess our limitations and create a 3D virtual layout of your future basement to keep you informed which can also be accessed online at any time.
Your In-Home Resort
1. Peace and Quiet: Everyone needs a place to unwind and your basement can be the perfect escape. Set up a comfy couch or reclining chair along with a beautiful fireplace and LED lighting. Put up a flatscreen TV on the wall and a carpet and live life to the fullest.
2. Playground for the Kids: Why get in a car and drive the kids to the park when the fun can be brought home? A mini slide, Lego, and toys, maybe arts and crafts and a mini trampoline? That way the toys also stay in the basement and aren’t strewn across the floor and stairs.
3. Game Room: If you’re planning on getting together with friends or just having some good old-fashioned family fun, install a ping-pong table or pool. Why not also futsal and darts? Even mini soccer isn’t out of the question, in that case just make sure to get rid of the vases.
4. Your Personal Gym: Staying in shape has become more difficult than ever with fitness centres closing down left and right. The perfect way to have a reliable workout is to bring it home so that your gym is available 24/7 without any restrictions.
5. Work Comes First: With more of us working from home than ever before, we need a place where we can settle down and get done what needs to be done. Have you been procrastinating on that project that you would have done if not for the constant distractions? Have your very own cozy office tucked away in the basement.
Finances – What Do You Stand to Gain?
Your basement, while great for personal use, also attracts a lot of potential customers. Put up some walls and have separate rooms, one which can be a bedroom, another a bathroom and the main hallway can be a kitchen/ living room. This is a separate dwelling unit within your home and can be used as a second suite.
A second suite is a home inside a home, a basement that you rent out to other people, and plenty of people interested. This legal rental can grant you additional hundreds if not thousands of dollars. This extra income monthly is enough to save up for your child’s tuition, go on a vacation or invest in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
With rental basements being a popular choice for university students from abroad and easy access to downtown through Highway 400, how much you stand to gain is up to you.
To learn more, call us at 1-866-262-8298 or click the button on the top right to get a free quote on your property today!