WELCOME TO PENGUIN BASEMENTS
Guelph Basement Renovation & Finishing Contractor
Guelph has been called the Royal City and rightly so. When you were looking for a place to call home, it’s no wonder that you decided Guelph was the place to be. Overall, there hasn’t been much that you wanted to change about the house. There is one area that could use some help: the basement.
You’re the first to admit that the basement would be a more functional space if it was finished. Taking things, a little further, you would like to renovate the space for specific types of uses. You may have even talked with a Realtor about how you could utilize the space to generate some extra income.
This is where the team at Penguin Basements comes in. We will build the basement you have always dreamt of, whether it’s for your personal use or rental income. Call us and we can get things started quickly.
What Does a Basement Finishing Entail?
If you’re wondering what’s included in the usual basement finishing, call Penguin Basements and let us tell you a little about it. Every job is different, but some key tasks are likely to be included. Before we provide any type of quote, we’ll inspect your basement and provide a list of what needs to be done.
In many instances, the finishing will begin with a foundation inspection. If it needs any attention, we complete that first. From there, we move on to checking the basement for mold. If we find anything, the mold is removed, and the spaces treated. After that, we’ll waterproof the space. If you need crawlspace encapsulation or if the ductwork needs to be hidden, we can take care of that too.
You’ll likely want to upgrade the wiring and plumbing for your finished basement. Work with us and we’ll come up with a plan that covers everything from outlet placement to installing freshwater lines and pipes. The goal is to ensure the space is fully equipped and ready for whatever use you have in mind.
Personal Uses For Your Finished Basement
The basement can serve all sorts of functions for you and your family. Here are some suggestions to consider.
- A Suite for Live-In Help: Do you have a nanny that takes care of the kids? Basements make ideal second suites for this type of help. The same goes if you have a live-in housekeeper. The basement can be the perfect space to relax after taking care of the house all day.
- Your Craft or Work Room: Basements are perfect for setting up a space for your craft projects. It can also be ideal for doing woodwork or other things that you enjoy. Best of all, you can leave everything in place when you finish. It will be there when you return.
- A Guest Bedroom: A place for guests to sleep is one way to ensure you and the rest of the family retain your bedrooms for your personal use. Guests will enjoy having a comfortable place to sleep. Add in a full bath and they’ll be even happier.
Rental Opportunities for Your Basement Once It’s Finished and Renovated
Along with various personal uses, a fully finished and renovated basement can also provide some great rental opportunities. Consider how an investment of this type could pay off in more than one way:
- Renting to a Tenant: Your basement renovation could transform the space into the perfect rental apartment. With the right touches by Penguin Basements, a Realtor will have no trouble finding a qualified tenant. That means additional income for you each month. Think of what you could do with a little more money coming in.
- A Dignified Space for a Loved One: You have an elderly relative who can no longer live alone but does not want to move into a facility. At the same time, the relative is dead set against accepting charity from family members. Your renovated basement can be rented to the relative for a small amount that preserves their dignity while ensuring your loved one is close enough for you to take care of them. This sort of investment pays off on two different levels.
Why not look into the idea of finishing your basement today? Call the team at Penguin Basements and we’ll be happy to talk to you. From covering the basics to coming up with design options, we bring a lot to the table. No project is too small or too large for us to manage. Best of all, we can also help with obtaining permits and other essentials that go along with most types of home improvement projects.
Call us at 519-900-4353 to set up a date and time for one of our contractors to visit your home. Alternatively, you can use the FREE ESTIMATE form on this page to reach out to us. Fill it out, submit it, and we’ll be back in contact with you quickly. Whatever you have in mind for the basement, rest assured that we know how to make it happen.