WELCOME TO PENGUIN BASEMENTS
Pickering Basement Renovation & Finishing Contractor
So, you are considering improving your basement. If you live in the City of Pickering, that is probably a good idea. But, you have a choice of what you intend to do with it. Finishing your basement might be a good way to provide extra space for the family’s personal use. But, if you plan the alterations properly, it will also provide a good investment for rental accommodation within the city. As Pickering is on the shores of Lake Ontario, it draws many people who want to live in this beautiful part of Canada.
Basement finishing to a quality good enough to offer as a legal rental is not something we can do overnight. You will need our team of qualified designers based in the office, together with our on-site colleagues, who get their hands dirty. An experienced project manager will co-ordinate everyone, and get the job done to the required standard. Then, you can charge the rents you expect. Pick up the phone and contact us at Penguin Basements to see what we can do. You might already have an idea what you want the finished basement for. But, let’s consider both options first, in case you have missed something.
For personal use
You might want your basement renovation to increase the living space for a growing family.
Initially, accommodation for the kids’ live-in carer is a good idea. Then, as they get older, kids always need more space than we originally thought. And, a cozy and warm basement playroom will suit them perfectly. They can entertain their friends or learn a hobby in safety. It will also help train them to be more independent as they get older.
Or perhaps, you have elderly parents who want some independence but should be under your watchful eye in case of an emergency.
There are many ways to use a finished basement without turning it into a rental. But even if you start out using it for the family’s benefit, there will come a time when you want your investment to start paying for itself. That’s why you should turn the basement into a fully fitted apartment from the start. Contact us for advice on a range of different feasible ideas that work.
Perhaps a rental Second Suite
Okay, assume you decide to offer your Second Suite as accommodation on the rental market. If you choose the realtor wisely, this should and will provide you with an extra income. And, more importantly, you will not have any problems finding a tenant in a sought-after area such as the City of Pickering.
Having a Second Suite under your roof opens up a heap of possibilities for you and your family in the years to come. And, if you choose our design team, we can offer ideas to make full use of the basement, and generate money at the same time.
How about these ideas?
- Rent the accommodation to a single professional or perhaps a young couple who are just starting on their career path, and can’t afford to buy their own place yet.
- Students always need accommodation, no matter how far from the campus. They will always prefer a dry and warm Second Suite. And, they and their parents will always be willing to pay extra to rent a good quality apartment.
- If you are on your own, how about moving into the Second Suite, and renting your house to a small family? Not only will you have less cleaning to do, but you will also bring in an income. This is even more relevant if you are retired or want to reduce your hours through ill health.
We are sure you can think of a few more reasons to go down the rental route. But, if you need help, pick up the phone and call us. We will be more than pleased to offer our ideas based on your particular circumstances.
Choose a company that knows what to do
Before you contact a realtor to talk through the rental possibilities, ensure your finished basement complies with the City’s building, fire and zoning codes. That is why it must be built properly by a construction team from a company that knows what they are doing. We, at Penguin Basements, are precisely that company. We are experts at re-designing and finishing basements. And, all the other tasks that come with that type of project.
You will appreciate that a basement renovation is not something you can entrust to a local handyman. Many tasks require specialist trades or must be done according to industry approved and legally recognized procedures. And, only a construction company with experience in this field can accomplish these to the required quality standard.
Look at our credentials. Our company, Penguin Basements, is a member of the Canadian Home Builder’s Association and has earned the Consumer Choice Award for four years running as well as being a Homestars Verified Company. Get in touch with us, and we will help bring your plans to life.
Bring your plans to life
Whatever ideas you have for your basement, Penguin can help bring them to fruition.
- You will have a personal project manager to run the job, providing a single point of contact at all times.
- The project manager liaises with the City and takes care of the legal necessities.
- The workplace will remain a hazard-free zone for our workforce and you, as our client.
- Our designers will take your ideas and the budget we have to work with, and produce a workable set of plans for your new Second Suite.
- We can even show you the finished job, using a 3D virtual walk-through tour.
- Once you have approved everything, our hands-on team will move in and get things rolling.
You cannot ask for more than that.
What you get for your money
Once you have decided to use our team from Penguin Basements, and we have drawn up the relevant contract, we will take on the task of renovating and finishing your basement. Then, we will do everything in our power to give you a finished basement matching exactly what you asked for. All you need to do is sit back and see the transformation take place.
Just pick up the phone and call 1-866-262-8298 or if you prefer, complete the FREE ESTIMATE form you see on this page. Arrange a meeting with us to discuss your project, and we will set things in motion to give you a finished basement or Second Suite you can be proud of.