WELCOME TO PENGUIN BASEMENTS
Thornhill Basement Renovation & Finishing Contractor
Are you in Thornhill and considering upgrading your basement? Basement renovations can be a tricky process, there’s always some regulation or municipal by-law that goes into effect. There’s always some hidden issue in the construction plan of your home that may derail your plans. When done alone, it can be a massive project with complications around every corner yet the benefits to a finished basement remain just as enticing.
No need to worry because, with an experienced team that was awarded the 2020 Basement Renovation of the Year Award, Penguin Basements ensures you can take the good and throw out the bad.
What Can You Do with Your Basement?
When planning out your basement for personal use, what do you envision? There’s a wide variety of options at your disposal that go beyond flooring and finished walls. Some options include:
1. Have a playroom for the kids: No matter how fun the kids might be, at times you need to have some peace and quiet upstairs to be able to do your work without having to worry about another stolen cookie or piece of broken glass. Lay out some foam mats, arts and crafts section, or mini soccer. It’s also a great way to keep the kids active at a time when it’s more challenging than ever to do so.
2. Den for the Bachelors: Teens like to have their own space at times. Why not make a room in the basement dedicated to them as a gift? Or maybe have some games to get the family together? Install a ping-pong table, futsal or set up a TV for video games. Anything works!
3. Movie Time: A major part of keeping the family together is those Friday nights when everyone comes home and gets to enjoy the onset of the weekend. Your basement can be the start of your own in-home movie theatre with sound-proof walls and lighting to give you the ideal movie experience.
4. An Office in Peace and Quiet: If you’ve ever considered opening up a business at home or simply need a quiet place to consolidate your thoughts or make the time for an office space. Perhaps a tiled floor, paintings, and a fancy drawer along with a bookshelf to accompany your desk can make for the perfect home office.
5. More Room for Everyone: Adding a bedroom downstairs along with a bathroom and potentially even a kitchen can be great in case you ever want friends to spend the night after a late-night party or for family coming to visit.
Make Money, Live Better
A second suite is a separate dwelling unit inside of another residential unit. Putting your basement on the market for legal rental leads to a wide array of new possibilities. Investing in a finished basement done right not only can give you greater comfort and satisfaction in your own home, but also a hefty cheque.
Legal rentals for second suites are especially popular in urban areas close to the big cities. It is also quite a popular option with university students from across Canada as well as international students who need accommodations during their stay. A finished basement can grant you many hundreds of dollars if not thousands a month.
Making Your Life Easier: Financing
At Penguin Basements, we understand that people have busy lives and errands to run. That’s why we offer an accessible consultation as well as proposal and design. After consultation, our proposal will offer a variety of payment plans at your disposal.
Our Smart Basements Approach
Our design team will go through all available options with you to ensure a basement design that caters to your needs as well as maximizing lighting and energy efficiency. Due to the nature of the current pandemic, our team also offers on-line meetings where our designers show you a detailed 3D layout of your future basement so that you’re never left in the dark.
We are committed to giving you the best quality basement finishing with a minimum 2-year warranty on all our work as well as carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance in case of an emergency. Over 80% of our builds are as a result of referrals from family, friends, and neighbours testifying that when we say high quality, we mean it.
If you’re interested in starting a project, click the free estimate button on the top right or call us at 1-866-429-0649 today for more information!